Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It was the Best of Days, It was the Worst of Days aka Realizing We Need a Mini Van

The Good Stuff
Had a wonderful morning having coffee with Tomoko, a triplet Mom. She has 2 girls and a boy who turn 7 next week and live in Sonoma. It was so nice to make contact in person with someone who has been through the baby years and survived with their sense of humor in tact (and she looks amazing)! She's on her second minivan and loves it.

It's raining triplet Moms. I also made contact with the Sonoma County Mothers of Multiples group and learned that one Mom with trips under 1 year pretty much lives in our neighborhood. Hoping I can meet her and learn from her experience. Heading to a meeting of theirs later this week to meet the ladies. (Big Thanks to Katie for putting me in contact).

The "Bad" Stuff (not really, but I will soon "Give up on Life" and get a Mini Van)
We started our car search last weekend. As much as I was pulling for an SUV to win out- it's not looking good. We quickly realized that to fit our amazing stroller system the following cars were out: Tahoe, Yukon, Denali. The Honda Pilot which technically can fit the stroller frame would mean awkwardly lifting it now and when we have the toddler seats in use later on, I don't think that and all the kids stuff will necessarily fit.

So here we are... a place I really really hoped never to be: shopping for a Mini Van. Aaarg! I do realize this will make all our lives easier and after picking some obnoxious things based on looks (Dutchie Dog, anyone?) I'm not doing it this time. So its either an 8 passenger Sienna or Odyssey. Yuck. Here is how the stroller and toddler seats will fit.


Oh, and next Monday we have an Ultrasound where we may find out genders, YAY!!  
Any Guesses?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, G Grammie has a guess (Actually I have two, is that legal?) I've felt all along there were two boys and a girl, but last week I had a dream: Pam (from "The Office") had a shower, and I opened up one of her gifts by accident; She said it was a secret and didn't want anyone to see it, but I saw that It was a box with three pink baby bassinets on the cover. That's my 2nd guess. My first one is still 2 sweet peas and one sugar pea. Sure hope we find out Monday! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gender Guesses:

    2 Boys, 1 Girl - 7 Guessed (Grammie B, Michelle B, Carey D, Devin M, Rachael M, Kristina B, Ina D)
    3 Boys - 5 Guessed (Grandma Margaret, Grandpa Mark, Uncle Pat, Rachel H, Tamra K)
    2 Girls, 1 Boy - 4 Guessed (Grandma Lynda, Em & Matt, Lynora H)
    3 Girls - 2 Guessed (Grammie B, Uncle Andy)
    Any Mix - 2 Guessed (Desi L, Janet L)

    Hopefully we'll know tomorrow afternoon for sure

    ReplyDelete