Thursday, February 9, 2012

Week 5: Symptoms, Cravings and Such

In the middle of Week 5. What to Expect When You're Expecting tells us our 'tadpole' is now the size of an orange seed. The orange seed is causing some changes in the Mama.

So sleepy! I've been spending a lot of time in bed. The pets are quite happy with my sleeping late and napping in the afternoons. We are all pretty much on the same daily schedule. It's really pretty awesome.

Pregnancy brain has already set in. I can usually type and speak pretty coherently. Not anymore!! I misspell stuff constantly now. Slightly embarrassing when trying to train an intern. (Just typing this page has involved a lot of back spaces.) I also say random sh** that makes no sense. It sounds different in my head. One example; our friends are remodeling their bathroom. It has been a big deal and has been going on for a while. I know it is their bathroom. I've seen it. I've talked about it. Yesterday, I told Matt confidently "Oh ya, when they finish remodeling their laundry room". What?? Other stuff like this happens a lot. We worked with a kitchen designer named Gloria. I couldn't remember her name, so I randomly pull out Belinda and then defend myself "I knew it ended in an A".  One more; I saw someone who I've clearly met multiple times but we never really remember each other. She says 'I think we've met' I reply "Oh ya, I've definitely met you before" that's it. No "nice to see you again" nothing. That was just it and I moved on. Hahahaha. She must think I'm severely socially awkward and maybe I am right now.

I haven't had much in the way of nausea, Yay!

That whole not needing any extra calories until second trimester, nobody told my stomach. I feel hungry a lot. Not too many crazy cravings, though. My usual constant cravings for kettle corn and chocolate are gone. I've been on a healthy tofu, udon soup and yellow curry kick. Also drinking glasses of milk sounds good. One night we did go in search of Three Twin's Lemon Cookie Ice Cream (could not find it at 10pm- darn early closing town) but keylime cookie sorbet did the trick. Matt tried a bite and says it is definitely pregnancy-specific food :) More for me!

Drinking 64 oz of water a day is a part time job, and peeing hourly is a new one.

I had one random bloody nose, which is weird for me but apparently one possible preggo's thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment